Healthy Living ...

Heyy beauties!
This is a totally random post but it is something that over the past couple of months has become part of my daily life. I have never been one for healthy eating but after binging at Christmas and putting half a stone on I decided to start weight watchers... not to lose weight but to learn to eat healthy. This may sound so simple but honestly I found it so hard to eat breakfast, dinner and tea and found it even harder to eat something healthy. I drive to University which is nearly 2 hours away so when I was setting off at 6:30am I was drinking cans of monster/redbull/relentless and eating packets and packets of sweets. After a while I started to feel real lazy and my skin wasn't as good as normal but I put it all down to early mornings and stress. When I was living alone my daily food would look like this: 
This is what I would eat on a daily basis when I lived alone. I would have relentless and sweets for breakfast, a bowl of beans for dinner with toast and then more sweets and monster and then for tea I would have soup with grated cheese. I wouldn't eat this everyday but it was what I ate often.

Another massive weakness of mine was eating takeaways. I was never one for cooking and would always prefer a takeaway if no one was cooking for me (lazy I know) I would order takeaway at least once a week and think nothing of eating it multiple times a week!
When my mum mentioned to me that she was wanting to join weight watchers I decided to join with her as I thought my eating patterns really couldn't be healthy. When I went on my first week I didnt know what to expect, I weighed in at 9stone5 and was given a recipe book. I was super excited as I actually wanted to cook and it really made me excited about thinking about meals and preparing food. I have been on weight watchers for 3 months now and it has completely changed me. My eating patterns have improved dramatically and I am proud to say I have not had any sweets or monster since January (this is good as they were upping my heart rate) Since starting 3 months ago I have lost half a stone which is good as I don't want to lose too much so I am trying to maintain my weight around 8stone7ish allowing my self to binge some weeks :) I have noticed that I have more energy and that I am not reaching for the face masks as much as my skin is alot clearer. All in all my weight watchers has done wonders for me. I am now eating breakfast dinner and tea and snacks and actually cooking for myself... not just microwave stuff either proper home cooked foods :) 
Here is what I am now eating daily...
This is typically what I eat on a daily basis. I will have a wrap for lunch but will switch up what goes in it and will switch up my tea too. But one the whole this is what I would eat :)
Hope you all enjoyed this post, its a bit random but I have found eating healthy has helped with my skin and has made me feel more energetic.
Hope everyone is ok!
Love&&Hugs
Samantha Louise XXX



3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Like your blog and follow you! Hope you will take a look on mine:
    http://katerina-inspiration.blogspot.com/
    xoxo.
    Katty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean!
    I used to eat like you did, and it just made me feel drained. I would take a shower and not even be able to stand up. And I know I am skinny, but that doesn't mean I wasn't healthy, I just had a fast metabolism.
    so I decided to go on this fast called the daniel fast. For 21 days you eat nothing but fruits and vegatables and whole grains. After the fast was over, I can honestly say that I feel so much better and my skin feels amazing too!
    I like your blog!
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Blogroll

Follow Beauty And The Believer