Half Marathon


Hello beauties. 
This is just a little update on how my half marathon went and what I wore etc. So starting with the beginning... I decided I wanted to run a half marathon before I moved in memory of my friend who was killed in Afghanistan so I looked at which one I could do and which one gave me some time to train and I found the Bupa Great Birmingham Run. It was on the 21st October 2012 (I was looking at the end of April) so this was what I thought enough time to train. I decided to run for Help for Heroes because it is so close to my heart and needs all the support it can get for those wonderful men and women! When I started I did a little bit of jogging and walking to get myself in to it and then gradually started to learn to run. I tried to jog or run every other day and towards the end built it up to nearly everyday. Before I knew it the half marathon had come round and I was ready to leave for Birmingham to do one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. 
Here are a couple of pictures...

I went down on the Saturday and stuffed my face with carbs! (potatoes, pasta and bread) Its not as fun as it sounds. When I woke up on the Sunday I was beyond nervous and went to McDonalds for some porridgeand a banana and then made my way to the start line! 
Here is when I was getting ready and when I went to go start the run! 

I went to the start line and was so nervous but I had so much adrenaline running through me I was just so excited to get it done! I set off at 11:09am and started on my 13.1 mile trek  Through out we were given water and powerade to keep us going and some lovely girls handed me sweets! And there was a guy who gave me a hug and told me to keep going, he was also running for help for heroes, this really gave me a massive boost! I think I was on that much of a high I didn't realize how far I ran and quite how I did it. I just kept going. When I hit 11 miles I walked 0.25 miles to give me a little energy boost to help me run the last bit. When I saw the finish line I nearly cried I passed it in 2 hours and 38 minutes. I was so proud! It is one of the best things I have every done but also one of the hardest. I had cut toe nails, blisters, bleeding where my legs rubbed together and dodgy knees. It has now been nearly 2 weeks and I am suffering from damaged ligaments in my knee and a damaged hip from over doing it, but it was all worth it knowing I did it in memory of someone so close to my heart!!! 
I will leave you with some pictures :)

My injuries!
Finished!!!!!!
My time....
And my Thank You from Help for Heroes!!! 
Actually cried when I got this in the post!!! 
Hope you have all enjoyed this post. A little bit different to beauty but very special to me!
Hope you are all well! 
Love&&Hugs 
Samantha Louise XX 

13 comments:

  1. This is such a great achievement I would love to do this well done! xx
    loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such an accomplishment hun and you should be so proud of yourself for not only completing it but because of the good cause you are helping towards :) Loving the nail art also for the run :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done it's such a great cause to support x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog!
    Check out mine sometime if you want xx
    http://aimerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done of the race hehe. Plus I LOVE them nails they're OMG haha
    I'm loving your blog and definitely your newest follower
    do you think you could check mine out and follow back please?
    Thanks
    Rachael
    xxx
    http://thenew62.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful nails.*_*
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done!I couldn't even run half a mile :) amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog<3
    Check out mine sometime if you want :)
    xx
    http://aimerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Blog!!!!
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so amazing, you have so much courage and tenacity just to keep going! I definitely don't know if I could do such a thing especially if it meant injuring myself, but I think it takes real heart to go through with it. Really inspiring post :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, your nails look amazing! x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you, what an amazing achievement!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Blogroll

Follow Beauty And The Believer