A purple kind of day


Hello Beautifuls,
Thought I would share this look with you, I went to ladies night the other night with the girls and decided to go abit bold on the make up as we went for a more casual look dress wise. I decided to wear black and white which meant I could pick literally any colour to wear with it ... So I went with purple! 
And this is how I got the look... 
I started out by using Sabaya all over make up primer covering my face and eyelids. I only ever really use primer when I am going somewhere special, I don't wear it on a day to day basis. 
After applying the primer I moved on to the eyes, for a base I used Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Electrum. (This is one of my faves, so pigmented and easy to use!) I then went over this with a light gold eyeshadow from my Cargo Lumieres du Monde pallete, they don't have names but the shadow I used is B. 
This leaves a light base to add the colour to. I added Illamasqua eyeshadow in Savage to the crease and outer v of my eye. I wanted to create a smokey effect but with a purple rather than the classic dark colours. After applying Savage I used Max Factor liquid effect liner to line my upper lash line and add a winged effect. 
Do these steps but they don't have to be perfect because we now blend out the shadows and neaten up the winged liner. To blend I used H from the Cargo Lumieres du Monde a matte white colour. 
Next I continued the liner on the lower lash line before adding a little bit of Savage to continue the purple theme. 
After lining my lower lash line with the liquid effect line I lined my tight line and water line. The dark adds depth the eyes and creates more of a dramatic look. I added Max Factor mascara to my bottom lashes, I have individual lashes on the top ones so I never use mascara just because they are already quite full and thick. I know the look is very dark and dramatic but I do have very big eyes so I am quite confident about using dark colours and lots of them. 
With my eyebrows I don't tend to do much to them, all I do is shade them in with eyeshadow. I use Vivo matte eyeshadow in Rich Chocolate just to fill them in, this is a really inexpensive drugstore eyeshadow but I have fallen in love with it. I have now been using it since Christmas and I love it. 
Next I moved on to the lips, I decided to go pink and purple with my lips just to add abot of a darker colour to them. I lined my lips with No.7 precision lip pencil in Blush, I also filled in my lips with this but left the centre off my lips plain. 
Over the lip liner I added Illamasqua lipgloss in Boost. This is a fantastic purple colour which can be used in so many different ways, it blended really well with the pink liner. 
Continuing on to my face, I applied Sabaya foundation in No. 2 followed by Illamasqua under eye concealer in UC215 under my eyes and to the blemishes. After this I added Max Factor Creme Puff Pressed Powder in 02 Translucent to set it. I then used Max Factor Bronzing Powder in 02 Bronze to define my face and add a bit of colour (I'm more tanned now so my foundation is a little bit light) to contour I used an Illamasqua eyeshadow, I don't know the name (sorry) but it is slightly lighter than Jules. I use the eyeshadow to contour my cheekbones and temples. I only ever use a tiny bit of blusher, I don't know why just habit I think so to finish the look I just added a tiny bit of pink blusher from the Cargo Lumieres du Monde in F. 
That finished the look off ... So here is the final result ....
I hope you guys like the look!! Below are some of the products used...
Sorry for how messy the products are they still do not have a proper place to live I need to get the store room in the new apartment in to a dressing room so they have just been in a basket until now which means they get quite dirty. Also the camera... I do not have my usual camera this is at mine in the UK so I had to use my iphone so sorry about the quality. I am back in the UK in a few days so I will pick up my camera and give you all some better quality pictures. 
Hope you are all ok and enjoyed this little post! 
Love &&a Hugs 
Samantha Louise XX


















2 comments:

  1. This looks is super cute. You have pretty big eyes..
    Nika's Beauty Land

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Blogroll

Follow Beauty And The Believer